Matthew 5:10 “Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.”
“Beloved, do not fear persecution, but see it as a sign of great favor. Through it you grow to resemble me more and more. When the Father looks at one who has been persecuted for my sake, he does not see a weak and weary soul, but only the glory of the Crucified. Pray for strength to endure all that will gain you the kingdom. Persevere, and the God of all mercy will reward you with a glorious crown. I am with all those who suffer for my sake. I am very near to them. Let no one despair, but let all those who are persecuted for my sake be filled with the joy that surpasses all understanding.”
Oh my Jesus, thank you for your nearness and for this timely word of encouragement. Give us strength. Help us to persevere. Let us feel your nearness in our time of need, and if we do not feel it, give us the grace to trust in your unfelt nearness with all our hearts. Jesus, we trust in you. Thank you for all your favors—whatever form they take. Amen.